Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tubby time AGAIN!







My little Bryn takes more tubby's than any other child I know! She is constantly into mischief...if it's not one thing, it's another! For example, (I thought I was going to pull every hair out of my head) I was on the telephone, no longer than 2 minutes (with the justice court resolving a no proof of insurance warning I got)...no big deal, as I turned to hang the phone up I could see Bryn coloring with a bright GREEN marker all over my banister. I ran and grabbed the marker away and scolded her. I proceeded to clean up the marker on the banister, finished it, then walked into the family room and looked up only to see GREEN marker all over my couch! Not only do we have blue ink on the front, we now have GREEN marker on the back! ohhhh I was furious, I proceeded to get another rag and began scrubbing again. I had just finished scrubbing the couch and was walking the GREEN rag back to the laundry room when I noticed about 6 smeered GREEN handprints all down my wall, about thigh high. As if what I had already cleaned up had not been enough! I got another rag and proceeded to clean the wall. I walked back into the family room just to make sure I got everything, when I saw Bryn's little pink and white gingham pottery barn chair, covered in GREEN marker! OOOOOHHHH, by this time I really wanted to scream out loud! I took her chair apart and put the cover into the washer, then I came back out to put away the cushions that made up her little chair until I could get the cover cleaned to put it back together and I couldn't help but notice that the arm of my red rocking chair had now had been decorated with lovely GREEN swirls and stripes! WOW! I said! ...and I called Chris on the phone... as we began to chat I looked down only to notice two GREEN smeered spots on the carpet, from her little hands dragging on the carpet to clean them off!...meanwhile, I just let Chris have it on the kind of day I was having and he couldn't stop laughing and I was furious...it was great! Well, when I got my cool, I started the laundry with several GREEN rags, of which were previously white. I was relieved to have the mess cleaned up! or so I thought! Chris came home from work and sat in the recliner and a few minutes later he said, "I thought you said you cleaned up all the GREEN marker...well I think you missed a little right here, as he started to laugh...right between my two huge windows is about a 6 inch space...well she felt free to color some of the curtains and most of the wall space she could reach! Again, one more GREEN towel to wash! Let's just say if I ever see another green marker again...it won't be pretty! Thanks goodness for washable markers!

2 comments:

The Jones' said...

Oh my naughty!! Maddox is into the same mischief, like the toilet paper wads I told you about. We have crayon on everything in his room right now and I still keep finding more.. What are we going to do?

Rob and Jewls said...

You had me laughing out loud as I read this! I am glad to see I am not the only one running around like a chicken with her head cut off! I am amazed you got it off the couch! Good job mom! Luke couldn't be around crayons without me sitting right there until he was at least 3! -Julie