Nate & Bryn visiting Grammie out in hall way of the hospital.
My mom is such a great person whom I look up to very much. She has been having a few health problems again, but this time, they found some lumps in her thyroid. They watched them for 6 months and they had progressively grown. After meeting with 3 different Doctors, the decision was made that she needed to have it removed, especially because she had a brother and a sister who both had thyroid cancer. They went in on Tuesday on the 7th of April for surgery - they were hoping to only remove half of her thyroid and keep the rest to help with proper body functioning, however, when they got in there, there were too many lumps and they had to remove the whole thing. Sometimes life is worth it and we are forced to do things that we don't want to, lucky for her, it was a simple procedure, but the recovery and maintenance are very long. The cancer results will be back in the next couple of days. She did remarkably well at the hospital and got out a day early! She is home now and recovering as good as expected. I took this picture of her in the hospital, just after getting her hair and make-up done...doesn't she look great! Because of RSV season kids under 14 were not allowed back to her room, fortunately she was able to come out and visit. I love you MOM! and I know you'll be back on your feet in due time! I am always here for love and support!


1 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I am glad the surgery went well and hope her recovery goes just as well.
Post a Comment