Wow! We had the BIG birthday...#30 & 60! My dad and I share the same birthday, as I was born on his 30th birthday. Unfortunately for him after that, all of his birthday cakes were very feminine, from Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, Rainbow Bright, Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Pony and of course Princesses, lucky for me, he was always a good sport about it. It's always a fun day to share. We both had a great time this year. My mom put together a big surprise birthday party for him and Chris took me to Vegas for a night of fun. Sometimes a little getaway is soooo great! P.F. Changs is always yummy! I really enjoyed our time with just the two of us. Chris was a great sport and shopped with me well. The kids were also good sports about staying with Grammie and Grampie... Thanks Grammie & Grampie! I must admit that 30 is a tough one! I never thought I would be considered aging or older...now I am! I used to look at my YW leaders and think they were older, in their early 30's with kids and a hubby...scariest to me, is that it is me now! The roles have been reveresed for me! It's amazing how time flies. However, I am grateful to be in my leaders' shoes now. Life is great! I couldn't ask for more at the age of 30, a wonderful husband and two great kids! I feel so very blessed!Tuesday, March 3, 2009
The BIG 30! and the BIG 60!
Wow! We had the BIG birthday...#30 & 60! My dad and I share the same birthday, as I was born on his 30th birthday. Unfortunately for him after that, all of his birthday cakes were very feminine, from Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, Rainbow Bright, Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Pony and of course Princesses, lucky for me, he was always a good sport about it. It's always a fun day to share. We both had a great time this year. My mom put together a big surprise birthday party for him and Chris took me to Vegas for a night of fun. Sometimes a little getaway is soooo great! P.F. Changs is always yummy! I really enjoyed our time with just the two of us. Chris was a great sport and shopped with me well. The kids were also good sports about staying with Grammie and Grampie... Thanks Grammie & Grampie! I must admit that 30 is a tough one! I never thought I would be considered aging or older...now I am! I used to look at my YW leaders and think they were older, in their early 30's with kids and a hubby...scariest to me, is that it is me now! The roles have been reveresed for me! It's amazing how time flies. However, I am grateful to be in my leaders' shoes now. Life is great! I couldn't ask for more at the age of 30, a wonderful husband and two great kids! I feel so very blessed!Posted by Kim at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment